"Starting guide" - SNMP

This is a discussion on "Starting guide" - SNMP ; Hi all, Could you tell me how I can find a "starting guide" to understand snmp? Thank You...

  1. "Starting guide"

    Hi all, Could you tell me how I can find a "starting guide" to understand
    snmp?

    Thank You

  2. Re: "Starting guide"

    Mauro wrote:
    > Hi all, Could you tell me how I can find a "starting guide" to understand
    > snmp?

    I'll suggest:

    "Understanding SNMP Mibs" Perkins, McGinnis,
    published by Prentice Hall
    http://www.prenhall.com/allbooks/ptr_0134377087.html

    You might also find worthy information in the SNMP Faqs at

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/snmp-faq/

    Hope this helps,

    -- daniel
    | D a n i e l F u c h s |
    | Sun Microsystems http://www.sun.com/ |

  3. Re: "Starting guide"

    I would agree with his book suggestion, when i read it i liked it very much.

    "Daniel FUCHS" wrote in message
    > Mauro wrote:
    > > Hi all, Could you tell me how I can find a "starting guide" to

    understand
    > > snmp?

    > I'll suggest:
    >
    > "Understanding SNMP Mibs" Perkins, McGinnis,
    > published by Prentice Hall
    > http://www.prenhall.com/allbooks/ptr_0134377087.html
    >
    > You might also find worthy information in the SNMP Faqs at
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/snmp-faq/
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > -- daniel
    > | D a n i e l F u c h s |