Is there Any MIb showing active protocols running on a system available. - SNMP

This is a discussion on Is there Any MIb showing active protocols running on a system available. - SNMP ; I was wondering if there was a MIB that would list all the protocols (particularly routing) running on a given system. I could use the routing info to find active routes created by different protocols or maybe look at which ...

  1. Is there Any MIb showing active protocols running on a system available.

    I was wondering if there was a MIB that would list all the protocols
    (particularly routing) running on a given system.

    I could use the routing info to find active routes created by different
    protocols or maybe look at which ports were listening to figure this
    out, or even query every protocol I'm interested in to see if it is present.

    I was wondering though if there is a standard MIB for doing this now.

    Thanks, Pat

  2. Re: Is there Any MIb showing active protocols running on a system available.

    Pat wrote:
    > I was wondering if there was a MIB that would list all the protocols
    > (particularly routing) running on a given system.

    > I could use the routing info to find active routes created by different
    > protocols or maybe look at which ports were listening to figure this
    > out, or even query every protocol I'm interested in to see if it is present.

    The routing table entries should give you an indication how a row become
    into existance. And there are standardized MIBs for the routing
    protocols you can query to see whether they are running. But there is
    no standardized MIB which lists of the protocols running on a box
    in general (especially protocols that do not run over a transport
    protocol but directly over IP).

    So the short answer is: You have to probe.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder International University Bremen
    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread