Linux UCD SNMP dskTable - SNMP

This is a discussion on Linux UCD SNMP dskTable - SNMP ; Background: + Redhat 7.3 + $ snmpd -v reports UCD-snmp version: 4.2.5 + MRTG Problem: I am attempting to graph disk statistics in MRTG, however all the OIDs are empty in the dskTable tree. I get nothing when I walk ...

  1. Linux UCD SNMP dskTable

    Background:
    + Redhat 7.3
    + $ snmpd -v reports UCD-snmp version: 4.2.5
    + MRTG

    Problem:
    I am attempting to graph disk statistics in MRTG, however all the OIDs are
    empty in the dskTable tree. I get nothing when I walk it, I have most
    others availible, just not dskTable (.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9) I googled some
    and this indeed seems to be the tree I ned to be looking at to obtain these
    statistics.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

  2. Re: Linux UCD SNMP dskTable

    W.B. wrote:

    > I am attempting to graph disk statistics in MRTG, however all the OIDs are
    > empty in the dskTable tree.

    How have you configured the agent?
    In particular, what 'disk' settings do you have in the snmpd.conf file?

    This table will only report the disks that you explicitly configure it
    to look at.

    Dave

  3. Re: Linux UCD SNMP dskTable

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:05:05 +0100, Dave Shield wrote:

    > W.B. wrote:
    >
    >> I am attempting to graph disk statistics in MRTG, however all the OIDs are
    >> empty in the dskTable tree.

    > How have you configured the agent?
    > In particular, what 'disk' settings do you have in the snmpd.conf file?
    >
    > This table will only report the disks that you explicitly configure it
    > to look at.
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks for setting me on the right path, added some disk configuration and
    it works now. Specifically:

    ####
    # disk checks
    #