WhatsUp Gold need mib.txt, Trap.txt - SNMP

This is a discussion on WhatsUp Gold need mib.txt, Trap.txt - SNMP ; Anybody got a mib.txt and trap.txt file modified with mibextra.exe to include cisco 2900/3500/4500/6500 switches, 3640 routers? how about some mib/trap.txt files that let me get snmp & traps from linux/sun boxes I know that Whats up Gold 8 has ...

  1. WhatsUp Gold need mib.txt, Trap.txt

    Anybody got a mib.txt and trap.txt file modified with mibextra.exe to
    include cisco 2900/3500/4500/6500 switches, 3640 routers? how about
    some mib/trap.txt files that let me get snmp & traps from linux/sun
    boxes

    I know that Whats up Gold 8 has some limited cisco mibs already
    included in the mibs.txt traps.txt file.

    Don't want to reinvent the wheel if there already is one out there.

  2. Re: WhatsUp Gold need mib.txt, Trap.txt

    I agree with you WUG is not my choice. I prefer SNNPC myself for a
    good low priced solution. WUG is horrible when dealing with snmp traps
    and mibs. if Ipswitch were to include the traps and mibs the SNMPC
    did, I might have more respect for the product. SNMPC has around 300+
    equipment manufactures mibs/traps already compiled into the product.

    You would be shocked to find how many multi-million dollar corps are
    using WUG as their primary tool.

    At $995.00 it beats the hell out of:

    1. No monitoring solution at all
    2. $15K-$50k for Openview etc

    Chris Fowler wrote in message news:<1060813612.503952@minime.linuxiceberg.com>...
    > wineguyatl@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    > I'm not too crazy about ipswitch products. I've used them in the past at
    > cheap dot.coms and they suck. Too me its the poor mans
    > NMS system. Sure net-snmp does nto have a nice Win32 GUI but if
    > you are a good admin you can do *anything* with it. You should be
    > able to get the mibs directly from Cisco. Excuse my rant about the product.
    > Maybe some *serious* NOCs actually rely on it.

  3. Re: WhatsUp Gold need mib.txt, Trap.txt

    SNMPc has almost the same price as WUG, right? So why not switch to SNMPc?

    wrote in message
    news:7856d80e.0308140556.34009d3a@posting.google.c om...
    > I agree with you WUG is not my choice. I prefer SNNPC myself for a
    > good low priced solution. WUG is horrible when dealing with snmp traps
    > and mibs. if Ipswitch were to include the traps and mibs the SNMPC
    > did, I might have more respect for the product. SNMPC has around 300+
    > equipment manufactures mibs/traps already compiled into the product.
    >
    > You would be shocked to find how many multi-million dollar corps are
    > using WUG as their primary tool.
    >
    > At $995.00 it beats the hell out of:
    >
    > 1. No monitoring solution at all
    > 2. $15K-$50k for Openview etc
    >

    > Chris Fowler wrote in message

    > > wineguyatl@hotmail.com wrote:
    > >
    > > I'm not too crazy about ipswitch products. I've used them in the past at
    > > cheap dot.coms and they suck. Too me its the poor mans
    > > NMS system. Sure net-snmp does nto have a nice Win32 GUI but if
    > > you are a good admin you can do *anything* with it. You should be
    > > able to get the mibs directly from Cisco. Excuse my rant about the

    product.
    > > Maybe some *serious* NOCs actually rely on it.

+ Reply to Thread