Re: ifAdminStatus Object - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: ifAdminStatus Object - SNMP ; Hi, > i m trying to SET value for the following object of INTERFACE > GROUP its a SURELY a READ WRITE and SYTAX of INTEGER , > .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus > it has 3 states , 1 for UP 2 for ...

  1. Re: ifAdminStatus Object

    Hi,

    > i m trying to SET value for the following object of INTERFACE
    > GROUP its a SURELY a READ WRITE and SYTAX of INTEGER ,
    > .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus
    > it has 3 states , 1 for UP 2 for DOWN and 3 for TESTING , but getting
    > error of wrong SYTAX or WRONG VALUE .
    > i have tryied a 3rd party application to set its a value too, but
    > getting the same error , would plz any of u can help me on this .

    Unless you're testing a development SNMP agent, there should
    be no problems in setting the ifAdminStatus to 1,2 or 3. The
    SET operation should be with the ifAdminStatus OID, a numerical
    syntax of 2 (INT) and 1,2 or 3 as the value.

    Can you read the value (regular GET operation)?

    Are you using the right SET community string?

    /Bent

  2. Re: ifAdminStatus Object

    "Bent S." wrote:
    > ["wolverine" wrote:]
    > > i m trying to SET value for the following object of INTERFACE
    > > GROUP its a SURELY a READ WRITE and SYTAX of INTEGER ,
    > > .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus
    > > it has 3 states , 1 for UP 2 for DOWN and 3 for TESTING , but getting
    > > error of wrong SYTAX or WRONG VALUE .
    > > i have tryied a 3rd party application to set its a value too, but
    > > getting the same error , would plz any of u can help me on this .

    > Unless you're testing a development SNMP agent, there should
    > be no problems in setting the ifAdminStatus to 1,2 or 3. The
    > SET operation should be with the ifAdminStatus OID, a numerical
    > syntax of 2 (INT) and 1,2 or 3 as the value.
    >
    > Can you read the value (regular GET operation)?
    >
    > Are you using the right SET community string?

    Note that agents are permitted to implement ifAdminStatus as
    read-only, and some do; those agents will not permit its value
    to be written (i.e. to be the target of a SetRequest). Also,
    support for the value testing(3) is optional; see RFC 2863,
    which contains the latest version of the interfaces group MIB
    (superceding RFC 1213). In particular, look at this OBJECT
    clause of the ifCompliance3 MODULE-COMPLIANCE statement:

    OBJECT ifAdminStatus
    SYNTAX INTEGER { up(1), down(2) }
    MIN-ACCESS read-only
    DESCRIPTION
    "Write access is not required, nor is support for the value
    testing(3)."

    nobody

+ Reply to Thread