Getting Windows 2000 Memory - SNMP

This is a discussion on Getting Windows 2000 Memory - SNMP ; Hi everyone! Does anyone of you have experience with getting the amount of free memory on a Windows 2000 Machine? Is there any possibility to get the Value without installing an extra agent? cu Greenthumb...

  1. Getting Windows 2000 Memory

    Hi everyone!

    Does anyone of you have experience with getting the amount of free memory on
    a Windows 2000 Machine?
    Is there any possibility to get the Value without installing an extra agent?

    cu
    Greenthumb

  2. Re: Getting Windows 2000 Memory

    go here

    http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/default.htm

    anything you want reguarding winnt/win2k with snmp is here. great resource

    "Greenthumb" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > Does anyone of you have experience with getting the amount of free memory on
    > a Windows 2000 Machine?
    > Is there any possibility to get the Value without installing an extra agent?
    >
    > cu
    > Greenthumb

  3. Re: Getting Windows 2000 Memory

    Yeah, I know this Site! It's really cool.
    But I'd like to get the Values without installing a tool on the Node!

    > http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/default.htm
    >
    > anything you want reguarding winnt/win2k with snmp is here. great resource
    >
    > "Greenthumb" wrote in message

  4. Re: Getting Windows 2000 Memory

    Greenthumb wrote:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > Does anyone of you have experience with getting the amount of free
    > memory on a Windows 2000 Machine?
    > Is there any possibility to get the Value without installing an extra
    > agent?

    Windows 2000 and later support the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB out of the box. It
    has a row in the hrStorageTable for "Virtual Memory" this may be what you
    want.

    See also KB323668 if you are running pre SP4 Windows 2000.
    --
    Alan J. McFarlane
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alanjmcf/

+ Reply to Thread