Q on "set" - SNMP

This is a discussion on Q on "set" - SNMP ; Hi I have a question related to the "set operation": In a tabular MIB, when the Manager "sets", say 10 attributes of a row (in a single set operatiob), and the Agent determines that 1 of the values is incorrect ...

  1. Q on "set"

    Hi

    I have a question related to the "set operation": In a tabular MIB,
    when the Manager "sets", say 10 attributes of a row (in a single set
    operatiob), and the Agent determines that 1 of the values is incorrect
    (i.e., it should not be set to that value), should the remaining 9
    attributes be set, and/or should the Agent send a Trap to the Manager?
    Are there any standards that specify the action(s) to be done by the
    Agent in such a scenario?

    Thanks and Regards,

    Swami.

  2. Re: Q on "set"

    Dave Shield wrote:

    > See RFC 1905 section 4.2.5

    That will RFC 3416 nowadays (since December)

    /Niels

    --
    Niels Baggesen -- @home -- Århus -- Denmark -- niels@baggesen.net
    The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers -- R W Hamming

  3. Re: Q on "set"

    Hi

    Thanks a lot for the info, it was quite useful.

    Regards,

    Swami.

+ Reply to Thread