Multiple tables of same "format" - SNMP

This is a discussion on Multiple tables of same "format" - SNMP ; I have a common table that I want ot appear in multiple places in the mib tree. This is a table showing stats for memory pools, and each process (12 of them) has its own table and its own OID ...

  1. Multiple tables of same "format"

    I have a common table that I want ot appear in multiple places in the mib
    tree. This is a table showing stats for memory pools, and each process (12
    of them) has its own table and its own OID "root". So, I want a table for
    each process showing up under its root -- 12 identical tables in this case.
    Is there a way to do this in the MIB that doesn't amount to 12 seperate
    tables?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Multiple tables of same "format"

    Sorry, but you have to have 12 tables off of the 12 OIDs that just happen to
    have identical column types. Oh, and DON'T EVEN THINK about naming the
    columns in the 12 otherwise identical tables with the same names, or else
    many masters wont work. This is the SNMP way.

    "James Dabbs" wrote in message
    > I have a common table that I want ot appear in multiple places in the mib
    > tree. This is a table showing stats for memory pools, and each process

    (12
    > of them) has its own table and its own OID "root". So, I want a table for
    > each process showing up under its root -- 12 identical tables in this

    case.
    > Is there a way to do this in the MIB that doesn't amount to 12 seperate
    > tables?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Multiple tables of same "format"

    James Dabbs wrote:

    > I have a common table that I want ot appear in multiple places in the mib
    > tree. This is a table showing stats for memory pools, and each process (12
    > of them) has its own table and its own OID "root". So, I want a table for
    > each process showing up under its root -- 12 identical tables in this case.
    > Is there a way to do this in the MIB that doesn't amount to 12 seperate
    > tables?

    You can use just one table by making the process identifier part of the
    table index.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder International University Bremen
    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread