SNMP GetNext - SNMP

This is a discussion on SNMP GetNext - SNMP ; In SNMP if getnext is done on object then value of object.0 or value of object.next.0 is returned. But if I do a getnext on iso.org.dod then what value will be returned....

  1. SNMP GetNext

    In SNMP if getnext is done on object then value of object.0 or value
    of object.next.0 is returned. But if I do a getnext on iso.org.dod
    then what value will be returned.

  2. Re: SNMP GetNext

    HI,

    A GETNEXT on any OID value will return the OID of the "lexi-next"
    variable (if one exists) that is accessible by the operation.
    What is accessible depends on what exists, and what is available
    via the administrative configuration and the values specified
    in the request. (This covers proxies, contexts, views, etc.)

    The examples below are not correct. That is, a GETNEXT of the
    OID value for "object" may provide other results than those
    shown. And the second value is not (in general) correct, and
    it is certainly misleading.

    On 30 Jul 2003, Rahul Gandhi wrote:
    > In SNMP if getnext is done on object then value of object.0 or value
    > of object.next.0 is returned. But if I do a getnext on iso.org.dod
    > then what value will be returned.

    Regards,
    /david t. perkins

+ Reply to Thread