Basic question about using OpenNMS(opennms.org) - SNMP

This is a discussion on Basic question about using OpenNMS(opennms.org) - SNMP ; I am looking at starting of on a development for an Element Management System(EMS)for some telecom equipment we are making. This will be used to configure, monitor and manage the equipment we are going to manufacture using TLI, XML, SNMP ...

  1. Basic question about using OpenNMS(opennms.org)

    I am looking at starting of on a development for an Element Management
    System(EMS)for some telecom equipment we are making. This will be used
    to configure, monitor and manage the equipment we are going to
    manufacture using TLI, XML, SNMP etc on the northbound and southbound.

    Someone suggested checking out OPENNMS, but from what I can make out
    its a Open Source offering for developing network management
    applications for monitoring network devices and services for an
    enterprise or a service provider. Is my understanding correct that
    OPENNMS does not really qualify for a framework for an Element
    Management System?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Basic question about using OpenNMS(opennms.org)

    Yup! Your understanding is correct.

    Check out QCOM's FasTrack NEMS Platform (www.qcominc.com.)

    Thanks.

    ashu_a@rediffmail.com (NMS Guy) wrote in message news:<3f35b2c1.0307211959.506d86f9@posting.google.com>...
    > I am looking at starting of on a development for an Element Management
    > System(EMS)for some telecom equipment we are making. This will be used
    > to configure, monitor and manage the equipment we are going to
    > manufacture using TLI, XML, SNMP etc on the northbound and southbound.
    >
    > Someone suggested checking out OPENNMS, but from what I can make out
    > its a Open Source offering for developing network management
    > applications for monitoring network devices and services for an
    > enterprise or a service provider. Is my understanding correct that
    > OPENNMS does not really qualify for a framework for an Element
    > Management System?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread