newbie question - SNMP

This is a discussion on newbie question - SNMP ; Hi, I'm a newbie about snmp and MIB question. I'm working on my final dissertation (deals with routing protocols) and I need to have some informations about the MIB in linux snmpd: my lab testbed is composed by 7 PC ...

  1. newbie question

    Hi, I'm a newbie about snmp and MIB question.
    I'm working on my final dissertation (deals with routing protocols) and I
    need to have some informations about the MIB in linux snmpd: my lab testbed
    is composed by 7 PC with linux and Zebra routing software, I have to do some
    performance test and my interest is to identify some snmp-variables (OID)
    that can be usefull for this...obviously, these have to be present in the
    mib implemented by snmpd (the software demon that manages the snmp protocol
    in linux OS).
    If you had suggestions to make so to help me solve my problem, please write
    it.
    Thank you in advance for your kind interest in the matter.

    Giuseppe Giannini

  2. Re: newbie question

    Uomo Tigre wrote:

    > Hi, I'm a newbie about snmp and MIB question.
    > I'm working on my final dissertation (deals with routing protocols) and I
    > need to have some informations about the MIB in linux snmpd: my lab
    > testbed is composed by 7 PC with linux and Zebra routing software, I have
    > to do some performance test and my interest is to identify some
    > snmp-variables (OID) that can be usefull for this...obviously, these have
    > to be present in the mib implemented by snmpd (the software demon that
    > manages the snmp protocol in linux OS).
    > If you had suggestions to make so to help me solve my problem, please
    > write it.
    > Thank you in advance for your kind interest in the matter.
    >
    > Giuseppe Giannini

    MRTG is a good tool.

+ Reply to Thread