how should i verify if my device can be admin under HP OpenView?? - SNMP

This is a discussion on how should i verify if my device can be admin under HP OpenView?? - SNMP ; I have tried to use SNMPc and my device can be get/set correctly Does it mean that my device could be talked to in HP OpenView?? i have only implemented part of the MIB-2, due to memory limit in my ...

  1. how should i verify if my device can be admin under HP OpenView??

    I have tried to use SNMPc and my device can be get/set correctly

    Does it mean that my device could be talked to in HP OpenView??

    i have only implemented part of the MIB-2, due to memory limit in my
    embedded processor......

    what should i do before i claim my device SNMP-compatible??

    thx much

  2. Re: how should i verify if my device can be admin under HP OpenView??

    bene-tam wrote:
    > I have tried to use SNMPc and my device can be get/set correctly
    >
    > Does it mean that my device could be talked to in HP OpenView??
    >
    > i have only implemented part of the MIB-2, due to memory limit in my
    > embedded processor......
    >
    > what should i do before i claim my device SNMP-compatible??
    >
    > thx much

    You should verify which standarts are compatible with your device: SNMP
    v1, SNMP v2, RMON1,2 and so on. If it is so, any SNMP manager with
    corresponding MIB's should manage your device. HP OpenView I think also
    could.

+ Reply to Thread