USM and VACM tool management - SNMP

This is a discussion on USM and VACM tool management - SNMP ; Hey, Im looking for some tool for management of users and views in the SNMPv3 network. There are many nodes with agents and I would like in easy and sophisticated way be able to configure USM and VACM in groups ...

  1. USM and VACM tool management

    Hey,

    Im looking for some tool for management of users and views in the
    SNMPv3 network. There are many nodes with agents and I would like in
    easy and sophisticated way be able to configure USM and VACM in groups
    of nodes. It can be commercial or free tool.

    Thx in advance,
    Tomas

  2. Re: USM and VACM tool management

    Hi Thomas,

    MIB Explorer (http://www.mibexplorer.com) provides means
    to manage USM users and the associated keys for one or many
    devices simultaneously.
    VACM management is currently only provided by an advanced
    (generic) SNMP table view/editor.

    Also it is a commercial application, a free evaluation is available.

    Regards,
    Frank Fock

    Tomas wrote:

    >Hey,
    >
    >Im looking for some tool for management of users and views in the
    >SNMPv3 network. There are many nodes with agents and I would like in
    >easy and sophisticated way be able to configure USM and VACM in groups
    >of nodes. It can be commercial or free tool.
    >
    >Thx in advance,
    >Tomas

  3. Re: USM and VACM tool management

    Tomas wrote:

    > Im looking for some tool for management of users and views in the
    > SNMPv3 network. There are many nodes with agents and I would like in
    > easy and sophisticated way be able to configure USM and VACM in groups
    > of nodes.

    I wouldn't like to comment as to whether these are either "easy" or
    "sophisticated", but the Net-SNMP suite include tools 'snmpusm' and
    'snmpvacm' for manipulating the USM and VACM tables.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread