This is explicitly not part of AgentX. You are expected to use application management techniques on the host on which your subagent is running to keep the subagent up. This can be the same type of application management used to restart snmpd should it go down.

The master agent is expected to be unaware of the details of its subagents, and should not do the application management of them. The full reasoning behind this is a bit too involved to get into, but it makes sense once you've got everything running.

HTH,

Mike