sysDescr for Network Print Server (1 Port) - SNMP

This is a discussion on sysDescr for Network Print Server (1 Port) - SNMP ; Hi everyone, Windows XP has a list of known printers, for example if I provide system.sysDescr.0 as "HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM J.sp. 00,JETDIRECT EX,JD28,EEPROM 6.16.5", Windows will recognized it as "Hewlett Packard Jet Direct" printer. I'm looking for system.sysDescr.0 string value ...

  1. sysDescr for Network Print Server (1 Port)

    Hi everyone,

    Windows XP has a list of known printers, for example if I provide
    system.sysDescr.0 as "HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM J.sp.
    00,JETDIRECT EX,JD28,EEPROM 6.16.5", Windows will recognized it as
    "Hewlett Packard Jet Direct" printer.

    I'm looking for system.sysDescr.0 string value for Network Print
    Server (1 Port). Does anyone know what it might be?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. Re: sysDescr for Network Print Server (1 Port)

    On Oct 24, 1:24*pm, ug32...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Windows XP has a list of known printers, for example if I provide
    > system.sysDescr.0 as "HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM J.sp.
    > 00,JETDIRECT EX,JD28,EEPROM 6.16.5", Windows will recognized it as
    > "Hewlett Packard Jet Direct" printer.
    >
    > I'm looking for system.sysDescr.0 string value for Network Print
    > Server (1 Port). Does anyone know what it might be?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    Nevermind, I found that file using FileMon: windows
    \system32\tcpmon.ini

    Cheers

  3. Re: sysDescr for Network Print Server (1 Port)

    When you say "I provide system.sysDescr.0 as "HP ETHERNET
    MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM J.sp.00,JETDIRECT EX,JD28,EEPROM 6.16.5", how exactly
    do you do it?

+ Reply to Thread