2008/10/21 Glenn McAllister :
> Heres the problem. The snmpd.conf file is being processed before
> snmp.conf. Since snmp.conf hasn't been read yet, the value for
> clientaddr is NULL when we are processing the trapsess directives,
> resulting in the socket binding to INADDR_ANY.

What happens if you embed the 'clientaddr' directive within the
snmpd.conf file?
i.e. something like

rwuser userblah
agentaddress localhost:161,192.168.222.5:161

[snmp]
clientaddr 192.168.222.5

[snmpd]
trapsess -v 3 -u userblah .....

A quick test seems to indicate that this will process the clientaddr
directive first, as required.

Dave