2008/10/16 tresh tresh :
> I want to implement my own mib using just a simple program and pass_persist
> directive. I don't exactly know how to implement getnext comand.

You program will be passed an OID, and should return the next valid OID
varbind that it knows about.

> What should the program return when the last OID in my mib is requested by getnext ?

from snmpd.conf(5):

" If the command cannot return an
appropriate varbind, it should print print "NONE\n" to stdout"

The main agent driving code will then take care of working out
which module to ask next. (And the "snmpwalk" command will
most likely discard this result anyway!).

That's not your problem - you just concentrate on your particular MIB.

Dave