Re: Re: entityPhysical No Such Object available on this agent at thisOID - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Re: entityPhysical No Such Object available on this agent at thisOID - SNMP ; 2008/10/13 brijesh gautam : > I have checked snmp agent which i am using for support of Entity MIB. > and it is provided. Which agent is this? I presume it is not the Net-SNMP agent, since we do not ...

  1. Re: Re: entityPhysical No Such Object available on this agent at thisOID

    2008/10/13 brijesh gautam :
    > I have checked snmp agent which i am using for support of Entity MIB.
    > and it is provided.

    Which agent is this?
    I presume it is not the Net-SNMP agent,
    since we do not implement the Entity MIB.

    Dave

  2. RE: Re: entityPhysical No Such Object available on this agent atthisOID

    I think he may be getting hung up on the whole modularity thing, so this might be a good time to point out that subagents can be built using net-snmp and attached to a net-snmp master agent without being part of the official distribution. Therefore the folks at Jarrell may have implemented the Entity MIB for their machine, while the folks at ATCA may not have done so (Is "folks" even a word? I though "folk" was its own plural..?), so there may not be an ATCA Entity MIB, or it may just need to be started up - either way, that knowledge belongs, as Dave initially pointed out, to the fine folk at ATCA (and I'm pretty sure "folk" is correct there).

    How can I get MIB grammar correct if I pay no attention to mine own?

    Mike