I need help. I adds new private mib process module to snmp agent, and
successfully bulid it into snmpd.

But I have problem when I use snmpset to set a data to snmp agent. I run
snmpd(snmp agent) on pc whose IP address is, and run
snmpset on other snmp client whose IP is snmpset give
error shown below

# snmpset -v 2c -On -c public
.. i 2
Error in packet.
Reason: noAccess

But when I run snmpset on pc which run snmpd, it is no error

#snmpset -v 2c -On -c public localhost . i
.. = INTEGER: 2

I thinks it maybe snmpd do not let other snmp client to write except
localhost. But I changed the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf like below to let have a writable right(I think). But, it does not work, and
have same error like "noAccess".

Could you give me some advice, tell me what wrong? Thanks !

# sec.name source community
#com2sec notConfigUser default public
com2sec local localhost public
com2sec mynetwork public
#com2sec mynetwork public
#com2sec mynetwork public
# Second, map the security name into a group name:

# groupName securityModel securityName
group MyRWGroup v1 mynetwork
group MyRWGroup v2c mynetwork
group MyRWGroup usm mynetwork
group MyRWGroup v1 local
group MyRWGroup v2c local
group MyRWGroup usm local
# Third, create a view for us to let the group have rights to:

# Make at least snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public system fast again.
# name incl/excl subtree mask(optional)
#view systemview included .
#view systemview included .
view all included .1 80

# Finally, grant the group read-only access to the systemview view.

# group context sec.model sec.level match read
write notif
access MyRWGroup "" any noauth exact all all

Net-snmp-users mailing list