Your request is missing a few things, like v3 authentication data. Check here to figure out what you may need to add - at minimum a security level of noAuthNoPriv and a username:

Your request has no data because you have provided none. Also note that you are sedning it to a host named "hoat" and providing an uptime of "\4700" ticks, which does not parse. Correct those two things, then add the OID of the notification itself (may I suggest NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB::netSnmpExampleHeartbeatNotification), and you should be able to get your test notification through.

Net-snmp-users mailing list