Re: snmpset max string length. - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: snmpset max string length. - SNMP ; Oleg Rabinovich wrote: > I need to be able to send a large string (about 8K) to my agentX > extension using snmpset. > > After getting such string the master agent hangs and doesn't answer to > replies. > ...

  1. Re: snmpset max string length.

    Oleg Rabinovich wrote:
    > I need to be able to send a large string (about 8K) to my agentX
    > extension using snmpset.
    >
    > After getting such string the master agent hangs and doesn't answer to
    > replies.
    >
    > When the string size is smaller ( like 512) all is working fine.

    What net-snmp version are you working with? Are you in a position to retry with current SVN trunk and report back?

    +Thomas

  2. RE: snmpset max string length.

    Sorry for missing details.
    I use the net-snmp 5.4.2 , built from sources.
    All this is running on Linux and HP-UX.
    Is there any changes after the release (5.4.2) that can affect this issue?
    I can try to build it from SVN trunk if needed.

    > I need to be able to send a large string (about 8K) to my agentX
    > extension using snmpset.
    >
    > After getting such string the master agent hangs and doesn't answer to
    > replies.
    >
    > When the string size is smaller ( like 512) all is working fine.

    What net-snmp version are you working with? Are you in a position to retry
    with current SVN trunk and report back?

    +Thomas

  3. Re: snmpset max string length.

    Oleg Rabinovich wrote:
    > Is there any changes after the release (5.4.2) that can affect this issue?
    > I can try to build it from SVN trunk if needed.

    Yes, I'd say it's worth a try.

    +Thomas

  4. RE: snmpset max string length.

    Thomas,

    I can't recreate the problem on SVN trunk, cause my agentX subagent can't
    connect to master in this new version.
    I suppose there were some major changes in subagent configuration
    requirements. Anyway, can you advice me something?