Re: Compile error: libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Compile error: libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference - SNMP ; >>>>> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:42:09 -0400, "Paul Orvin" said: PO> Trying to compile net-snmp 5.4.2 with lm-sensors support I get this PO> error during 'make': Looks like you need to link in -lsensors. Try running with --with-libs="-lsensors" -- ...

  1. Re: Compile error: libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference

    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.

  2. Re: Compile error: libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference

    Wes,

    Thank you for the response. However, I get an entirely different error when
    compiling with -lsensors linked.

    # ./configure --with-mib-modules="ucd-snmp/lmsensorsMib"
    --with-libs="-lsensors"
    checking what to build and install... agent apps man local mibs
    using default persistent mask 077
    using default temporary file pattern /tmp/snmpdXXXXXX
    using default AgentX socket /var/agentx/master
    using default "enterprise.net-snmp"
    using default enterprise sysOID "NET-SNMP-MIB::netSnmpAgentOIDs..."
    using default notifications "NET-SNMP-MIB::netSnmpNotifications"
    using OS default send buffer size for server sockets
    using OS default recv buffer size for server sockets
    using OS default send buffer size for client sockets
    using OS default recv buffer size for client sockets
    checking if I need to feed myself to ksh... no
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
    compiled programs.
    If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
    See `config.log' for more details.

    Looking in config.log I found this:

    gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)
    configure:3854: $? = 0
    configure:3856: gcc -V &5
    gcc: '-V' option must have argument
    configure:3859: $? = 1
    configure:3882: checking for C compiler default output file name
    configure:3885: gcc conftest.c -lsensors >&5
    configure:3888: $? = 0
    configure:3934: result: a.out
    configure:3939: checking whether the C compiler works
    configure:3945: ./a.out
    ../a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libsensors.so.4: cannot open
    configure:3948: $? = 127
    configure:3957: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
    If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

    Please advise.

    Regards,

    Paul Orvin