snmp+get all ip addressses of inerfaces from remote host - SNMP

This is a discussion on snmp+get all ip addressses of inerfaces from remote host - SNMP ; Hi, I'm tring to do some statistic for interfaces. I need to get all ip addresses and tx,rx rate for each. I got a lot of pppoe interf. and i want to get all information from remote host. So I ...

  1. snmp+get all ip addressses of inerfaces from remote host

    Hi,

    I'm tring to do some statistic for interfaces. I need to get all ip
    addresses and tx,rx rate for
    each. I got a lot of pppoe interf. and i want to get all information
    from remote host.
    So I have snmp agent on one server and I want to get information from
    other server.
    I don't have a problem with rx and tx rates but I don't know how to
    get all ip addresses.
    Please help me

    Thanks in advance
    Bart

  2. Re: snmp+get all ip addressses of inerfaces from remote host

    TR wrote:

    > I'm tring to do some statistic for interfaces. I need to get all ip
    > addresses and tx,rx rate for each.

    This in general does not work. You get statistics for interfaces and
    an interface may have zero, one, or multiple IP addresses.

    > I don't have a problem with rx and tx rates but I don't know how to
    > get all ip addresses.

    Check the ipAddrTable of the IP-MIB, latest version in RFC 4293.

    /js

    --
    Juergen Schoenwaelder Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
    Phone: +49 421 200 3587 Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany

+ Reply to Thread