script to change snmp community name - SNMP

This is a discussion on script to change snmp community name - SNMP ; I need a script that will change the snmp Comunity name on 150 servers. The SNMP name resides in services-snmp service- i the tabs traps and security. I don't want to have to visit each server individually. can anyone point ...

  1. script to change snmp community name

    I need a script that will change the snmp Comunity name on 150 servers. The
    SNMP name resides in services-snmp service- i the tabs traps and security. I
    don't want to have to visit each server individually.

    can anyone point me in the right direction.

  2. Re: script to change snmp community name

    On 25 Sep, 11:20, "gram" wrote:
    > I need a script that will change the snmp Comunity name on 150 servers. The
    > SNMP name resides in services-snmp service- i the tabs traps and security. I
    > don't want to have to visit each server individually.
    >
    > can anyone point me in the right direction.

    You could try newsgroups for the OS you are using - or general MS
    Windows - and also for some scripting languages such as Python and
    Perl to see if they have ways to hook into Windows.

    Alternatively there may be a way to load a .reg file on each server to
    change the setting though you may still need to restart the SNMP
    server process after changing the registry. Again, an MS Windows
    newsgroup may be a better bet.

    --
    James

+ Reply to Thread