how to give multiple strings as indexes in a table object - SNMP

This is a discussion on how to give multiple strings as indexes in a table object - SNMP ; Hi All, I am running the snmpget command to get value of one of my tabular object. This table has got 4 indexes, out of which two are 'string' type. From an earlier thread posted in our forum, i came ...

  1. how to give multiple strings as indexes in a table object

    Hi All,

    I am running the snmpget command to get value of one of my tabular object. This table has got 4 indexes, out of which two are 'string' type. From an earlier thread posted in our forum, i came to know that we need to prepend and append backslash if indexes are of type string, i am running the snmpget command as follows.
    MY-MIB::myobject.\"a1\".1.\"b1\".1

    When the above snmpget command executed from my linux box it throws error as follows.
    "Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range: "b1").

    But i didn't get any errors for index "a1".

    If any one knows how to give multiple strings as index, kindly let me know.

    Thanks,
    - prazna
    Last edited by prazna; 10-08-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Expecting some response

+ Reply to Thread