Re: Compiling net-snmp on HP-UX 11.11 9000/800 - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Compiling net-snmp on HP-UX 11.11 9000/800 - SNMP ; Yalenti, Mark wrote: > At the moment Im not going to inundate the group with error details; at > first Id just like to know if someone has been able to successfully get > net-snmp to compile on HP-UX 11.11 ...

  1. Re: Compiling net-snmp on HP-UX 11.11 9000/800

    Yalenti, Mark wrote:
    > At the moment Im not going to inundate the group with error details; at
    > first Id just like to know if someone has been able to successfully get
    > net-snmp to compile on HP-UX 11.11 9000/800.
    >
    > In particular, can you tell me the following if you were successful: ?
    >
    > What compiler did you use and from which directory?
    >
    > What did you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to if anything?
    >
    > What did you set your SH_LIBRARY_PATH to if anything?

    I successfully build all net-snmp branches every night on various HP-UX versions, including 11.11, with the following settings:

    export CC=/opt/ansic/bin/cc
    export SHLIB_PATH=/path/to/libopenssl097/lib
    ./configure --without-libwrap ... && make && make test

    What net-snmp version are you using? Try with latest 5.4.2, please.

    +Thomas

  2. Re: Compiling net-snmp on HP-UX 11.11 9000/800

    The Ansi C compiler is not free, it has to be bought.