MSTP MIB? - SNMP

This is a discussion on MSTP MIB? - SNMP ; Is there such a thing? I'm embarking on an 802.1Q-2005 implementation and can't find any MIB text. Surely MSTP can be monitored and administered via SNMP. I even have an MSTP switch I'm going to test against and snmpwalk doesn't ...

  1. MSTP MIB?

    Is there such a thing? I'm embarking on an 802.1Q-2005 implementation
    and can't find any MIB text. Surely MSTP can be monitored and
    administered via SNMP. I even have an MSTP switch I'm going to test
    against and snmpwalk doesn't show any MSTP entries I can identify. (I
    realize that without MIB text on my system, I'm going to see OID
    numbers, not names, but I've scanned the output and everything seems
    to have a name and none of the names seem to include "mst".)

  2. Re: MSTP MIB?

    On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:07:30AM -0400, Chris Nelson wrote:
    > Is there such a thing? I'm embarking on an 802.1Q-2005 implementation
    > and can't find any MIB text. Surely MSTP can be monitored and
    > administered via SNMP. I even have an MSTP switch I'm going to test
    > against and snmpwalk doesn't show any MSTP entries I can identify. (I
    > realize that without MIB text on my system, I'm going to see OID
    > numbers, not names, but I've scanned the output and everything seems
    > to have a name and none of the names seem to include "mst".)

    Off the top of my head - would Q-BRIDGE (and P-BRIDGE) help?

    Cheers,

    Patrick

  3. Re: MSTP MIB?

    Look at this:

    http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/publi...stp-mib-02.txt

    thanks,
    Daniel
    Chris Nelson wrote:

    >Is there such a thing? I'm embarking on an 802.1Q-2005 implementation
    >and can't find any MIB text. Surely MSTP can be monitored and
    >administered via SNMP. I even have an MSTP switch I'm going to test
    >against and snmpwalk doesn't show any MSTP entries I can identify. (I
    >realize that without MIB text on my system, I'm going to see OID
    >numbers, not names, but I've scanned the output and everything seems
    >to have a name and none of the names seem to include "mst".)

  4. Re: MSTP MIB?

    On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Chris Nelson
    wrote:
    > Is there such a thing? I'm embarking on an 802.1Q-2005 implementation
    > and can't find any MIB text. Surely MSTP can be monitored and
    > administered via SNMP.

    Can't you use multiple logical entities implementing dot1dStp from
    BRIDGE-MIB and RSTP-MIB?

    Bill