snmptrap message - SNMP

This is a discussion on snmptrap message - SNMP ; I installed Fedora core 8 net-snmp-*5.4.1-7.fc8 I started snmptrapd and I received this messages in "messages" log: snmptrapd[6384]: netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load() Can you help me? Thanks Andrea ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin ...

  1. snmptrap message

    I installed
    Fedora core 8
    net-snmp-*5.4.1-7.fc8
    I started snmptrapd and I received this messages in "messages" log:

    snmptrapd[6384]: netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
    agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()

    Can you help me?
    Thanks
    Andrea

  2. RE: snmptrap message

    Don't worry! This is a "common" annoying message. The new version of net-snmp solves this inconvenient.

    Regards,
    Marc Arazo
    Indra

    I started snmptrapd and I received this messages in "messages" log:

    snmptrapd[6384]: netsnmp_assert !"registration != duplicate" failed
    agent_registry.c:535 netsnmp_subtree_load()

    Can you help me?
    Thanks
    Andrea

  3. Re: snmptrap message

    Is it warning message? Are there problems with snmptrad?
    Thanks
    Andrea