Re: embedded-perl on win32: "warning unknown token: perl" - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: embedded-perl on win32: "warning unknown token: perl" - SNMP ; 2008/9/19 Marco Dings : > I've gotten the latest binaries from sourceforge (5.4.1.2) > As soon as I put something like > > perl do "myscript.pl" > in snmpd.conf > > I find a message in my snmp.log file > ...

  1. Re: embedded-perl on win32: "warning unknown token: perl"

    2008/9/19 Marco Dings :
    > I've gotten the latest binaries from sourceforge (5.4.1.2)

    > As soon as I put something like
    >
    > perl do "myscript.pl"
    > in snmpd.conf
    >
    > I find a message in my snmp.log file
    > "warning unknown token: perl"

    That sounds remarkably as if the Windows binaries
    are not built with Perl support.

    Dave

  2. RE: embedded-perl on win32: "warning unknown token: perl"

    > That sounds remarkably as if the Windows binaries are not built with Perl
    support.
    I got the binaries from sourceforge (I'm not set up to build them myself)

    I find 2 contradictory remarks
    ================ in NEWS it says
    *5.4*
    Important Changes:
    - The default configuration now enables embedded Perl and the Perl modules
    by default when possible unless explicitly disabled. You may use the
    --disable-embedded-perl and --without-perl-modules configure options,
    respectively, to revert to the former default configuration.
    ================ snmptrapd.conf Win32 options ( I just found out)
    I find no reference of "embedded perl" being supported.... the "perl" token
    is not listed.
    ================

    I'm now wondering if there even IS embedded perl support for win32, although
    I found no explicit reference to the fact that it would not be supported.

    Q1 Anybody any experience with using embedded perl in a win32 context.
    Q2 Where could I get win32 binaries that DO support embedded perl

    THanks

    > I've gotten the latest binaries from sourceforge (5.4.1.2)

    > As soon as I put something like
    >
    > perl do "myscript.pl"
    > in snmpd.conf
    >
    > I find a message in my snmp.log file
    > "warning unknown token: perl"

    That sounds remarkably as if the Windows binaries
    are not built with Perl support.

    Dave

  3. Re: embedded-perl on win32: "warning unknown token: perl"

    Hi Marco.

    The Windows binaries on SourceForge are compiled with the regular Perl
    modules, but not with embedded Perl. The binaries are built using MSVC
    so the build system has to be modified to support it. It's something I
    want to look at for the next release.

    Have a look at the following two links to see what's currently supported
    under Windows:

    http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...System/Windows
    http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...ndows_features

    Alex