Dear NET-SNMP Developers,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24-18-generic operation system. I am working on to writing a MIB MOdule, but I have problems. I have stucked during running your tutorial about SNMP:
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...g_a_MIB_Module
After I have downloaded the net-snmp-5.4.2 and put the NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB.txt file its ./mibs/ folder. Otherhand I downloaded nstAgentModuleObject.c and nstAgentModuleObject.h and I put these to ./agent/mibgroup/ folder.

I executed ./configure --with-mib-modules="nstAgentModuleObject" and it was working without error message afterall I done it with "make" too, I changed to superuser and I done "make install" and it wokring without error message, too.

I have tried run the SNMP server with "/usr/local/sbin/snmpd" command and it worked. After I used
snmpget -v 1 -c public -M ./mibs/ localhost NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0
I got this error message:
"Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0"

If I had not used -M ./mibs/ it had not found NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB.

Thanks for helping!

Zoli