> From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
> Behalf Of /xig????
> Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:57 PM

> why I can't use IPADDRESS?

It is deprecated. I don't say this about many technical issues, but it was a mistake that should never have happened. SNMP was intended from the beginning to be used on hybrid networks, so network addresses need a type value scheme if proper management is to occur. Thus the TDomain/Taddress scheme of SNMP-TC. However, that scheme was only intended for SNMP management targets, and there were too many IETF pissing contests, so some implemented transports, like ATM and TCP/IP, do not have official values (or they're hidden somewhere else). There's another TC pair for general purpose use, but I can't remember where, and it's late here now. Some help, please?

Net-snmp-users mailing list