I am working on an application that uses net-snmp to poll devices over
dialled up networking (phone modems). My customer would like to make
this work in parallel but many of his devices are assigned the same IP
address (something in the range of 192.168.x.x). With multiple phone
lines, it may be possible to dial multiple devices are the same time,
but with the same IP addresses, the IP stack would not know how to
route the messages unless the UDP socket is bound to a particular
interface.

I have glanced over the general command line documentation and cannot
see anything that leads me to believe that it is possible to constrain
net-snmp to use a particular interface. My question is whether there
is some feature that I have overlooked and that is indeed possible?

Regards,

Jon Trauntvein