mib2c without perl - SNMP

This is a discussion on mib2c without perl - SNMP ; Two questions: Is it possible to run mib2c without perl modules installed? I get an error and haven't found a workaround. Either way, is it possible to use the resulting .c and .h files without the perl modules? I expect ...

  1. mib2c without perl

    Two questions:

    Is it possible to run mib2c without perl modules installed? I get an
    error and haven't found a workaround.

    Either way, is it possible to use the resulting .c and .h files
    without the perl modules? I expect so, since they're obviously C or
    C++ files, but I figure it's best to check before spending too much
    time.

    Cheers,
    -Dan

  2. Re: mib2c without perl

    dan anderson wrote:
    > Is it possible to run mib2c without perl modules installed? I get an
    > error and haven't found a workaround.

    No. mib2c is a Perl program that requires our Perl modules (see the FAQ).

    > Either way, is it possible to use the resulting .c and .h files
    > without the perl modules?

    Yes.

    +Thomas

  3. Re: mib2c without perl

    >> Is it possible to run mib2c without perl modules installed? I get an
    >> error and haven't found a workaround.

    TA> No. mib2c is a Perl program that requires our Perl modules (see the FAQ).

    It should be possible using the PAR::Packer perl module to get mib2c
    working on a system without perl installed. But you'd have to get it
    working on a system with perl first, and then run 'pp' from the
    PAR::Packer module to build it.

    (Having tinkered with PAR::Packer and 'pp' recently, it's pretty cool)
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.