found a compiling optimization problem - SNMP

This is a discussion on found a compiling optimization problem - SNMP ; Hi, there Today I rewrote my program's makefile, which was previously managed by eclipse cdt. This time I used the autoconf and automake tools to generate the new makefile, and by using it I can build my application without error. ...

  1. found a compiling optimization problem

    Hi, there

    Today I rewrote my program's makefile, which was previously managed by eclipse cdt. This time I used the autoconf and automake tools to generate the new makefile, and by using it I can build my application without error. But when I run the newly generated exec file, an error reported as 'Unknown Object Identifier' when the program parsing oid using snmp_parse_oid fuction.

    I can confirm that the application's source code is the same with my old eclipse project's. The only difference is some g++ compiling flags. So I try to change those flags one by one. Eventullay I got the optimization flag, in former project this was written as "-O0" means no optimization is allowed, and in my new makefile it was "-O2", and that's the reason which cause the error!

    Could anybody tell me why this is happend?

  2. Re: found a compiling optimization problem

    xr> Could anybody tell me why this is happend?

    If true, it certainly sounds like a bug in g++. What version are you
    using? -O2 is supposed to be the "safe" level of optimization to turn
    on, but it sounds like you've hit a snag.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.

  3. Re: Re: found a compiling optimization problem

    Thanks Wes

    My compiler's version is: g++ (GCC) 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

    Did anybody meet this kind of problem before?

    ------------------
    ren
    2008-09-03

    发件人:Wes Hardaker
    发送日期:2008-09-03 07:27:37
    收件人:xiao ren
    *送:Net-snmp-users
    主题:Re: found a compiling optimization problem

    xr> Could anybody tell me why this is happend?

    If true, it certainly sounds like a bug in g++. What version are you
    using? -O2 is supposed to be the "safe" level of optimization to turn
    on, but it sounds like you've hit a snag.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.

  4. Re: found a compiling optimization problem

    xr> Did anybody meet this kind of problem before?

    Not that I've heard of at least.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.