Diffie-Hellman Kickstart - SNMP

This is a discussion on Diffie-Hellman Kickstart - SNMP ; Does net-snmp implement any of the Diffie Hellman Kickstart MIB ??? I couldn't see anything in the code so just want to confirm. Thanks, Brendan. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build the ...

  1. Diffie-Hellman Kickstart

    Does net-snmp implement any of the Diffie Hellman Kickstart MIB ???
    I couldn't see anything in the code so just want to confirm.
    Thanks, Brendan.

  2. Re: Diffie-Hellman Kickstart

    Brendan Simon wrote:
    > Does net-snmp implement any of the Diffie Hellman Kickstart MIB ???
    > I couldn't see anything in the code so just want to confirm.

    As documented in README.agent-mibs, Net-SNMP implements usmDHPublicObjects.*.0 and usmDHUserKeyTable from the SNMP-USM-DH-OBJECTS-MIB, but *not* usmDHKickstartTable. Patches highly appreciated. :-)

    +Thomas

  3. Re: Diffie-Hellman Kickstart

    TA> usmDHKickstartTable. Patches highly appreciated. :-)

    You should read RFC2786 well before using that particular table, as it
    makes some assumptions about the network architecture it's deployed in.
    In particular because the table is expected to be accessed anonymously
    it leaves open a possibility of spoofing results from a client. It's a
    bit more complex than that, which is why you should read and understand
    the RFC (and the environment the solution was expected to be deployed in).
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.