Installing Cisco MIBs and command getmany - SNMP

This is a discussion on Installing Cisco MIBs and command getmany - SNMP ; Hello all, It's my first contact with SNMP. I've already installed net-snmp to help me with that. Now I need to install two MIBs: CISCO-SMI and CISCO-NBAR-SUPPORT-PROTOCOL-MIB. Well, I'm just building an application that needs some information that these MIBs ...

  1. Installing Cisco MIBs and command getmany

    Hello all,

    It's my first contact with SNMP. I've already installed net-snmp to
    help me with that. Now I need to install two MIBs: CISCO-SMI and
    CISCO-NBAR-SUPPORT-PROTOCOL-MIB. Well, I'm just building an
    application that needs some information that these MIBs can gather to
    me.

    First, I don't know exactly how to install a new MIB. There are many
    ways in the Internet. So, I don't know what follow. I tried some of
    them without success. Could anyone give me the address to a reliable
    tutorial for installing and compiling MIBs?

    Second, I found in the Cisco website, a tutorial about how to test and
    use the MIBs I am trying to install. But, there is a command called
    "getmany". I found that it is a SNMP command for executing MIBs
    functionalities (or sth like that). However, my system do not
    recognize this command. Neither getmany or getbulk. What should I do
    in order to have this command working properly?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    Ricardo.

  2. RE: Installing Cisco MIBs and command getmany

    http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...d_loading_MIBS

    You will not need to compile the MIBs, but must have access to equipment that has running MIBs. You will also need to ensure that you can access the data.

    > Second, I found in the Cisco website, a tutorial about how to test and
    > use the MIBs I am trying to install. But, there is a command called
    > "getmany". I found that it is a SNMP command for executing MIBs
    > functionalities (or sth like that). However, my system do not
    > recognize this command. Neither getmany or getbulk. What should I do
    > in order to have this command working properly?

    There is no SNMP command "getmany". This is probably an application, possibly equivalent to net-snmp's snmpwalk.

    HTH,

    Mike