Re: UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 returns -2 value - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 returns -2 value - SNMP ; ravindra Chavalam wrote: > I am getting an error with net-snmp 5.4.1.2 which i > have built for HP-UX 11iv2.Below is the details of the error > > UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 = INTEGER: -2 kB Known bug: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...94&atid=112694 It'll need a volunteer ...

  1. Re: UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 returns -2 value

    ravindra Chavalam wrote:
    > I am getting an error with net-snmp 5.4.1.2 which i
    > have built for HP-UX 11iv2.Below is the details of the error
    >
    > UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 = INTEGER: -2 kB

    Known bug:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...94&atid=112694

    It'll need a volunteer to look through agent/mibgroup/hardware/memory/memory_hpux.c and find out what's going wrong. If you have any idea, please let us know (through the bug tracker, ideally).

    +Thomas

  2. Re: UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailSwap.0 returns -2 value

    ravindra Chavalam wrote:
    > Thanks for the response. I can help you in finding the problem in
    > the agent/mibgroup/hardware/
    >
    > memory/memory_hpux.c. Also can you tell me which binary tracks the
    > changes of this file.

    I fail to understand your question. Please rephrase.
    In case you don't know what to do after making changes to that file: just run "make && make install" afterwards again.

    > Also there is one more memory_hpux.c file in ./agent/mibgroup/ucd-snmp
    > ( FYI)

    I know, but that file isn't used (by default) in 5.4.x. You may consult it as a reference for the old implementation, though.

    +Thomas