regarding snmp trap handlling... - SNMP

This is a discussion on regarding snmp trap handlling... - SNMP ; i have created one socket at 161 to hear the manager request...and also agent response..in this agent received the packet parse it search it in my mib base and sending response..(receive...execute my function...send)...it is working nicely... similarly i created a ...

  1. regarding snmp trap handlling...

    i have created one socket at 161 to hear the manager request...and
    also agent response..in this agent received the packet parse it search
    it in my mib base and sending response..(receive...execute my
    function...send)...it is working nicely...

    similarly i created a function for forming trap packet i need to send
    this to the port 162 to the manager...
    ....but mine having the problem where to create the new socket ..when i
    call my function to work both (my first function and trap
    function)..send the get response and trap asynchronously.... ..

    thanks &regards
    rameshlv

  2. Re: regarding snmp trap handlling...

    I have read this post several times and I can't understand what question is
    being asked. Perhaps the OP can get someone to help with his English and
    repost.

    wrote in message
    >i have created one socket at 161 to hear the manager request...and
    > also agent response..in this agent received the packet parse it search
    > it in my mib base and sending response..(receive...execute my
    > function...send)...it is working nicely...
    >
    > similarly i created a function for forming trap packet i need to send
    > this to the port 162 to the manager...
    > ...but mine having the problem where to create the new socket ..when i
    > call my function to work both (my first function and trap
    > function)..send the get response and trap asynchronously.... ..
    >
    > thanks &regards
    > rameshlv

+ Reply to Thread