Re: NET SNMP src interface question - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: NET SNMP src interface question - SNMP ; On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 04:49:18PM +0400, Nikolay Kanivets wrote: > I have Solaris server with several network interfaces. I have also > some daemon program which uses Net Snmp library to perform SNMP > requests to external targets. ...

  1. Re: NET SNMP src interface question

    On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 04:49:18PM +0400, Nikolay Kanivets wrote:

    > I have Solaris server with several network interfaces. I have also
    > some daemon program which uses Net Snmp library to perform SNMP
    > requests to external targets.
    >
    > The problem is that I have not found if it is possible or not to tell
    > Net Snmp to use certain interface for sending outgoing packets. Is it
    > possible with Net Snmp ? Does anybody know?

    I believe you simply need to set the .localname member of your
    netsnmp_session structure to the desired interface address before
    calling snmp_open().
    --
    Roy M. Silvernail is roy@rant-central.com, and you're not
    "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."

  2. Re: NET SNMP src interface question

    Thanks, Roy.

    I will try and describe the result here.

    With respect, Nikolay Kanivets.