monitor directive: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2 - SNMP

This is a discussion on monitor directive: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2 - SNMP ; Hi, online search seemsto be unavailable (everytime 0 results), so I apologize if the question was asked yet, but it is quite urgent. I want to monitor my own scalar, handled by a subagent, with the disman event handler. Steps ...

  1. monitor directive: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2

    Hi,
    online search seemsto be unavailable (everytime 0 results), so I apologize if the question was asked yet, but it is quite urgent.

    I want to monitor my own scalar, handled by a subagent, with the disman event handler.

    Steps I've done:
    create v3 user -> snmpget/walk requests working
    use for testing "LinkUpDownNotifications yes" is working

    Then with the following steps the problems occure:
    I add the monitor directive for my own scalar (monitor -e xxxSystemState -r30 "System State Changed" != XXX-MIB::systemState)
    Then at first I get a "Trigger query (walk) failed: -1" (maybe because the subagent is not ready yet).
    Then for a short while (a few seconds) i can make normal snmpget requests
    Then i get "Trigger query (walk) failed: -2" and then also snmpget requestsdoes not work anymore, BUT my subagent holds also some tables which send some traps (send_v2traps) by hand, are still working, so in background the agent/subagent seems to be quite ok, requests from outside seems to be blocked.

    System infos:
    NET-SNMP version 5.4.1
    OS: solaris 10

    Can anybody help me? If i can't bring it to work, what's my other possibilties, if i would watch changes by hand? Which helper (maybe stash cash) would be the right thing for a single scalar?

    Thanks in advance!
    Best regards
    Michael
    http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/d...puzzle/6169196

  2. Re: monitor directive: Trigger query (walk) failed: -2

    2008/7/31 Michael Musenbrock :
    > I want to monitor my own scalar, handled by a subagent, with the disman event handler.

    This doesn't work with 5.4.1.
    Have a go with 5.4.2.pre2 or 5.4.2.rc1 (hopefully later today!)
    We think this problem should be fixed there.

    Dave