IPv6 support in Net SNMP - SNMP

This is a discussion on IPv6 support in Net SNMP - SNMP ; Hi, I would like to know which is the first stable official version of Net SNMP that added support for IPv6 ? Thanks in advance, Ravindra ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build ...

  1. IPv6 support in Net SNMP

    Hi,

    I would like to know which is the first stable official version of Net
    SNMP that added support for IPv6 ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ravindra

  2. Re: IPv6 support in Net SNMP

    R> I would like to know which is the first stable official version of Net
    R> SNMP that added support for IPv6 ?

    I can't give you the exact version number without a lot of searching,
    but support has existed for it since UCD-SNMP 4.1 at least on some
    platforms. IE, a long time.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.

  3. Re: IPv6 support in Net SNMP

    I'm looking for a version that has IPv6 support on Windows, Linux and
    Solaris. It would be great if someone remembers when did this support
    work complete for all these three platforms ?

    After reading change log: http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/about/ChangeLog.html

    I felt that 5.0 was the first version to add IPv6 support on Windows.

    TIA,
    Ravindra

    On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Wes Hardaker
    wrote:

    > R> I would like to know which is the first stable official version of Net
    > R> SNMP that added support for IPv6 ?
    >
    > I can't give you the exact version number without a lot of searching,
    > but support has existed for it since UCD-SNMP 4.1 at least on some
    > platforms. IE, a long time.
    > --
    > Wes Hardaker
    > Sparta, Inc.

  4. Re: IPv6 support in Net SNMP

    Ravindra schrieb:
    > I'm looking for a version that has IPv6 support on Windows, Linux and
    > Solaris. It would be great if someone remembers when did this support
    > work complete for all these three platforms ?
    >
    > After reading change log: http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/about/ChangeLog.html
    >
    > I felt that 5.0 was the first version to add IPv6 support on Windows.

    If you're looking for something (new), why would you want anything else but the latest stable, i.e. the upcoming 5.4.2 release? Try 5.4.2.rc1 and it should work just fine with IPv6 on all of these platforms.

    +Thomas