Solaris 10's Net-SNMP requires Unix Domain Sockets - SNMP

This is a discussion on Solaris 10's Net-SNMP requires Unix Domain Sockets - SNMP ; Hi, Please see the mail thread below, Mike suggetions didn't solve my problem. I am using Net SNMP version 5.0.9 shipped with Solaris10 and iReasoning Agent builder for sub agent building. This subagent requires a TCP port on which the ...

  1. Solaris 10's Net-SNMP requires Unix Domain Sockets

    Hi,

    Please see the mail thread below, Mike suggetions didn't solve my
    problem.

    I am using Net SNMP version 5.0.9 shipped with Solaris10 and iReasoning
    Agent builder for sub agent building. This subagent requires a TCP port
    on which the master agent is listening to establish a connection. I
    tried to enable TCP AgentX connection on port 705 by adding the
    following two lines in the /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf file,

    master agentx
    agentxSocket tcp:localhost:705

    But this doesnot help. The same thing worked on Linux. Even netstat -an
    doesnot show the agent listening on 705 tcp port and my subagent fails
    to connect to the Net Snmp master agent.

    I also tried the following,

    bash-3.00# /usr/sfw/sbin/snmpd -f -L -d -X -x localhost:705

    Error: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent: Unknown host
    (Connection refused)

    Sending 46 bytes to 127.0.0.1
    0000: 30 2C 02 01 00 04 06 70 75 62 6C 69 63 A1 1F 02
    0,.....public...
    0016: 04 34 92 C8 F0 02 01 00 02 01 00 30 11 30 0F 06
    ..4.........0.0..
    0032: 0B 2B 06 01 04 01 2A 02 0F 0A 01 01 05 00
    ..+....*.......

    Resending 46 bytes to 127.0.0.1
    0000: 30 2C 02 01 00 04 06 70 75 62 6C 69 63 A1 1F 02
    0,.....public...
    0016: 04 34 92 C8 F0 02 01 00 02 01 00 30 11 30 0F 06
    ..4.........0.0..
    0032: 0B 2B 06 01 04 01 2A 02 0F 0A 01 01 05 00
    ..+....*.......

    seaproxy_sendReq: SEA Master Agent not responding dlopen failed:
    ld.so.1: snmpd: fatal: /usr/sfw/lib/amd64/libseaProxy.so: wrong ELF
    class: ELFCLASS64 dlopen failed: ld.so.1: snmpd: fatal:
    /usr/sfw/lib/amd64/libseaExtensions.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 105: Warning: Unknown token: trap2sink.
    NET-SNMP version 5.0.9
    Error: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent: Unknown host
    (Connection refused)
    Error: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent: Unknown host
    (Connection refused)

    How can I enable the TCP AgentX connector?
    From: "Sinha, Birendra (Birendra)"

    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:03:39
    To: Larry Dickson; ;

  3. Re: Solaris 10's Net-SNMP requires Unix Domain Sockets

    Sinha, Birendra (Birendra) wrote:
    > I tried some higher port to open TCP socket for agentX but didn't solve
    > the problem. I would like to get some information from Net-SNMP folks,
    > whether or not TCP/UDP agentXSocket is really blocked on Sun Solaris-10.

    If the Sun net-snmp 5.0.9 package has been built with --enable-agentx-dom-sock-only (which I think is the case, net-snmp-config will tell you), then the subject of this thread is obviously true and there's nothing you can do as long as you use this package.

    +Thomas

  4. RE: Solaris 10's Net-SNMP requires Unix Domain Sockets

    Hi Thomas,

    Thanks! Solaris-10 machine here has Sun net-snmp 5.0.9 package and I
    checked the "net-snmp-config", it seems it is built with
    --enable-agentx-dom-sock-only option.
    As you said we can't do anything here in this case, so I am wondering
    how we should leverage the OS provided Net-SNMP Master agent for java
    based subagent integration? I think I need to install a different
    Net-SNMP package and disable the existing one.

    Regards
    Birendra

    bash-3.00# ./net-snmp-config --configure-options
    '--with-sys-contact=root' '--with-sys-location='
    '--with-logfile=/var/log/snmpd.log'
    '--with-persistent-directory=/var/sma_snmp'
    '--with-default-snmp-version=3' '--enable-shared=yes'
    '--enable-developer=yes' '--with-libs=-ldl' '--with-defaults=no'
    '--prefix=/usr/sfw' '--enable-ipv6' '--datadir=/etc/sma'
    '--with-mibdirs=/etc/sma/snmp/mibs' '--with-cc=cc'
    '--enable-agentx-dom-sock-only' '--with-mib-modules=host
    disman/event-mib ucd-snmp/diskio' '--with-pkcs=/usr/lib'
    '--with-perl-modules=yes' '--with-transports=UDP UDPIPv6 TCPIPv6 TCP'
    '--with-ldflags=-R../lib' '--libdir=/usr/sfw/lib'

    Regards
    Birendra