Re: make is failing - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: make is failing - SNMP ; mn kh wrote: > /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so: undefined reference to `hosts_ctl' > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Add "-lwrap". +Thomas -- Thomas Anders (thomas.anders at blue-cable.de) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build the ...

  1. Re: make is failing

    mn kh wrote:
    > /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so: undefined reference to `hosts_ctl'
    > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    Add "-lwrap".

    +Thomas

  2. Re: make is failing

    mn kh wrote:
    > gcc -o jagentx_subagent jagentx_subagent.o jagentx.o jagentx_util.o
    > ../obj/jcounters.o ../obj/error.o ../obj/util.o ../obj/search.o
    > ../obj/semutil.o `net-snmp-config --agent-libs` -lssl -lrpm -lwrap
    > -lutil -lcrypt
    > jagentx_subagent.o(.text+0xaf): In function `main':
    > /home/jinny/jconsole2.0/jagentx_subagent.c:37: undefined reference to
    > `netsnmp_daemonize'

    "netsnmp_daemonize" should be covered by libnetsnmp.

    What's the output of "net-snmp-config --agent-libs"? Where is libnetsnmp on your system?

    +Thomas

  3. Re: make is failing

    mn kh wrote:
    > [root@florida net-snmp-5.4.1.2]# ls -l /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmp.a
    > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 676332 Jul 28 15:58
    > /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmp.a
    > [root@florida net-snmp-5.4.1.2]# ls -l /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.a
    > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 676332 Jan 27 2005
    > /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.a

    That calls for major trouble. Unless you're very familiar with managing
    multiple net-snmp installations in parallel and the problems involved
    (which I suppose you're not), please remove the existing installations
    and start from scratch with one single installation.

    +Thomas

  4. Re: make is failing

    mn kh wrote:
    > Hey Thomas, I had installed the net-snmp 5.4.1.2 and
    > then i unistalled for the same exact reason you told me, and i used the
    > rpm package existing in my red hat CD, I only have on net-snmp installed
    > the libnetsnmp located in /usr/local/lib/ is an exact copy of the one
    > located in /usr/lib/ does this cause a problem? if so, cand removing one
    > of them fix the problem of the netsnmp_daemonize undefined reference?
    > which one?

    You need to uninstall the vendor package *before* building 5.4.1.2.
    I.e. remove *all* net-snmp installations now, then start building 5.4.1.2 (or 5.4.2.pre2) from scratch again.

    +Thomas