With apologies to one mano - who had posted the following query
sometime ago, I have the exact same question. Kindly clear this doubt.

When an Integer value (say e.g., 6789) is specified for setting(using
snmpset command) any MIB Node with syntax IpAddress, SET request is sent
with a varbind containing the IpAddress value 0.0.26.133 (corresponding to
the Integer value specified). I think it should throw an error in this case,
because the value specified to set the IpAddress Node is an Integer value.
Does it mean that the Manager is not validating the set value specified (or)
that the IpAddress value can also be specified in Integer format? If the
IpAddress value can be specified even in Integer format, are there any RFCs
which point out this validity?