"A trap received with the community 'public' is authorized to cause log statements to be recorded, programs and/or scripts to be executed, and network forwarding operations to occur."

Note that this does not cause any of these things to happen - you will need to have configuration statements for any actions you want the trap to initiate.

Net-snmp-users mailing list