blocking OID from proxy - SNMP

This is a discussion on blocking OID from proxy - SNMP ; I have been having a lot of issues with the AIX OIDs .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3.1.5.31{2,3} that I am proxying. Is there an easy way to proxy the .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3 group while ignoring those specific OIDs or blocking them completely in Net-SNMP? This is ...

  1. blocking OID from proxy

    I have been having a lot of issues with the AIX OIDs .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3.1.5.31{2,3}
    that I am proxying. Is there an easy way to proxy the .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3 group while
    ignoring those specific OIDs or blocking them completely in Net-SNMP?

    This is for version 5.4

    Thanks all

    --
    Michael Osburn
    michael.osburn@echostar.com

    ------------

    This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person or
    and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
    dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
    reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
    the intended recipient is prohibited.
    delete the material from any computer.

  2. Re: blocking OID from proxy

    Michael Osburn wrote:
    > I have been having a lot of issues with the AIX OIDs .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3.1.5.31{2,3}
    > that I am proxying. Is there an easy way to proxy the .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3 group while
    > ignoring those specific OIDs or blocking them completely in Net-SNMP?

    How exactly are you proxying? How did you build and configure net-snmp
    and what options are you starting the agent with?

    +Thomas

  3. RE: blocking OID from proxy

    Thomas,

    I have configured net-snmp using the following options from the
    readme. I then build as normal (from the docs)

    ../configure --enable-as-needed

    I am running net-snmp on an alternate port (1610) and proxying it to the
    building AIX agent.

    proxy -v 1 -c public 127.0.0.1:161 .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.6.3

    This is the line that I call it with from inittab.
    net-snmp:2:respawn:/usr/local/net-snmp/5.4.1/sbin/snmpd -r -f -Lf
    /susr/local/net-snmp/5.4.1/log/snmpd.log -M
    /usr/local/net-snmp/5.4.1/share/snmp/mibs-c
    /usr/local/net-snmp/5.4.1/param/snmpd.conf -I -interfaces UDP:1610

    Thanks,

    Michael