> From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
> Behalf Of Reza Salehi

> After running ./configure whenever I run make,make clean or
> make install the result is the same and it goes through an
> infinite loop and prints a lot of lines and asks over and
> over the questions like >>>default version of SNMP to use(3)

> logfile(var/log/snmpd.log)....
>
> It seems "make" is indeed configuring the net-snmp...

My bet is that you're not waiting for configure to finish running before typing "make" at the prompt...

Try putting this in a file, say mknsnmp.sh:

#!/bin/sh

# Run from the build dir

../configure --with-default-snmp-version=3 --with-sys-contact="Me" --with-sys-location="Planet Earth" --with-logfile=/var/log/snmpd.log --with-persistent-directory=/var/net-snmp

echo "OK, I'm done now. You may proceed to make."

Review and modify to suit your needs, then:

$ sh mksnmp.sh

HTH,

Mike