Ricardo Guido Marelli wrote:
> I have encountered some problems when I tried to compile/run net-snmp on
> HP-UX 11.31 with gcc version 4.2.1.
>
> /* to avoid PGSHIFT undefined */
> #define PGSHIFT getpagesize()

I'm not convinced that's right. Assumed getpagesize() is something like 4096, then PGSHIFT should be log2(pagesize)=12. Perhaps there's a replacement symbol in HP-UX 11.31? Have you tried looking through the headers?

> /* to avoid error: 'struct radix_node' has no member named 'rn_key' */
> #define STRUCT_RTENTRY_HAS_RT_DST

If that's the case, then why did configure come up with a different result? Please work through config.log to find out.

> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x60000000c86e0000 in ()
> warning: Attempting to unwind past bad PC 0x60000000c86e0000
> #1 0x60000000cc7bd450:0 in var_ipRouteEntry (vp=,
> name=0x401b5b48, length=0x401b5b38, exact=0, var_len=0x7fffe914,
> write_method=0x7fffe910) at mibII/var_route.c:496

What net-snmp version are you running? I'd suggest to use latest 5.4.2.rc1 (expected for today). If you still see the crash, please file a bug on http://www.net-snmp.org/bugs . Please note that none of the core developers is known to have access to HP-UX 11.31, so we'd need as much of your help as we could get.

+Thomas