RE: String to Hex-String conversion - SNMP

This is a discussion on RE: String to Hex-String conversion - SNMP ; > From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net > [mailto:net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On > Behalf Of Rajesh Chatterjee > Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:17 AM > I am querying a variable (OID) which has type/syntax as > DisplayString (string) . > When doing snmpwalk from Mib-Browser ...

  1. RE: String to Hex-String conversion

    This did not come across correctly. Please pipe the output to "od -v -t x1" or some other hexification method. It would probably help if the pattern were not so trivial, perhaps a repetition of "abcdefghij1234567890", but that's secondary.

    HTH,

    Mike

  2. RE: String to Hex-String conversion

    I'm still trying to see the problem. You can't just cut-n-paste the text from a data corruption problem - I need to know what *bytes* were returned, as it may not be a valid character stream. Please run `snmpset -Ox` and the subsequent `snmpget -Ox` of the string, then cut and paste both commands and their responses and post 'em here.

    Thanks,

    Mike