Re: Starting net-snmp - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Starting net-snmp - SNMP ; >>>>> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:09:23 +0200, "Javier Nuņez" said: JN> I install net-snmp from the source, in fedora 8, there in no problem but JN> when i try to start (snmpd start or snmpd status o snmpd stop) ...

  1. Re: Starting net-snmp

    JN> I install net-snmp from the source, in fedora 8, there in no problem but
    JN> when i try to start (snmpd start or snmpd status o snmpd stop)
    JN> nothing done.

    You may need to configure it properly first. It should have started and
    be running in the background (check with ps) but you need to edit
    /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf before the agent will do much for you. See the
    snmpd.conf manual page for details.
    --
    Wes Hardaker
    Sparta, Inc.

  2. RE: Starting net-snmp

    Another thing to keep an eye out for: if you build net-snmp from the official sources, then Fedora's /etc/init.d scripts will not work unless you have set the prefixes to be the same as used by Fedora. If you build from theFedora sources RPM, you should be able to use the /etc/init.d scripts, butyou won't be getting the latest version (at least not the last time I checked).

    HTH,

    Mike